What We Do
The Town of Orange Public Works Department is one of only three towns in the State of Virginia that performs all public works functions within their corporate limits.
Some of these include:
- Water Service
- Sewer Service
- Sidewalks, Curb & Gutter
- Storm Drainage System
- Bridge System
- Traffic & Street Lights
- Buildings & Grounds
- Fleet Maintenance
- Trash Collection
- Leaf Collection
- Snow & Ice Removal
- Grass Cutting and Landscaping
- Street & Safety Signage
- Street Sweeping
To reinforce the Town's effort to provide a good place for residents to live and businesses to gorw, the Department of Public Works has established as its Mission Statement: "Service is Our Business". Our department's mission reflects our commitment to maintain and improve the Town's infrastructure, while serving the on-going needs of our citizens.
In addition, we have established four supporting goals to further guide our efforts:
1. To gain and hold our citizens respect, and honor our obligations by reaching out to our citizens through education, solicitation of input, responsive feedback and understanding citizen's needs.
2. To remain competitive in our services and excel in quality, we will continue to provide efficient, productive and effective services.
3. To lead proactively by seeking innovative solutions to ever changing needs of our citizens and reduction in resources.
4. To treat our employees as our greatest resource and share the Department's success with them.